you a bitch
It’s called copula deletion, or zero copula. Many languages and dialects, including Ancient Greek and Russian, delete the copula (the verb to be) when the context is obvious.
So an utterance like “you a bitch” in AAVE is not an example of a misused you, but an example of a sentence that deletes the copular verb (are), which is a perfectly valid thing to do in that dialect, just as deleting an /r/ after a vowel is a perfectly valid thing to do in an upper-class British dialect.
- Women Delivering Ice, 1918
- Times Square, 1947
- Portrait Used to Design the Penny. President Lincoln Meets General McClellan – Antietam, Maryland ca September 1862
- Marilyn Monroe, 1957
- Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of Titanic’s sinking the night before. (April 16, 1912)
- Easter Eggs for Hitler, c 1944-1945
- Sergeant George Camblair practicing with a gas mask in a smokescreen – Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 1942
- Helen Keller meeting Charlie Chaplin in 1919
- Painting WWII Propaganda Posters, Port Washington, New York – 8 July 1942
- Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge ca 1935
I’M NOT LEAVING UNTIL SOMEONE HONORS THIS COUPON!!!
Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy - emoji posters